This site is supported by our readers. We may earn a commission, at no cost to you, if you purchase through links.
If you’re like me, the idea of threading a serger brings dread to your mind. That maker is such a pain due to the fact that if you have also one thread misplaced, it will not function properly.
Can you associate?
That’s why I desire to share an easy method I discovered way back in secondary school on how to change thread on a serger without rethreading your whole machine from the start. After seeing this faster way you’ll never change the color on your serger the very same way once again.
Exactly how to Change the Thread on a Serger
Did you recognize you can change the thread shade on your serger without unlocking of your maker or taking a look at the threading instructions? Below are detailed directions to complete this serger threading shortcut in 3 minutes or less:
- Action 1: Switch off the serger (Safety initially!)
- Step 2: Increase the presser foot and undo the thread chain that remains below.
- Step 3: Turn the handwheel up until your needle is in its highest placement.
- Tip 4: Establish your stress discs to absolutely no.
- Step 5: Cut the existing threads on your serger near the cones. This ensures you leave enough time thread tails.
- Action 6: Eliminate the existing serger thread cones and also change them with new ones.
- Step 7: Take the thread tail that corresponds with each of your brand-new thread cones and also tie the brand-new thread to the old thread with a little knot (coral reef knot liked).
- Step 8: Meticulously pull each thread from under your presser foot. The brand-new thread shade must travel through the stress discs on your serger smoothly, yet look for grabs as well as being additional mindful when your knots experience the stress discs and when they reach your needles. You might require cutting as well as thread the eye of each needle if your knot can not go through.
- Step 9: Turn the serger back on, set your tension discs back to typical, and also do a test.
Had not been that simple? I like this little technique for changing the thread color on your serger It saves so much time!
Now, I recognize somebody is mosting likely to say this serger threading shortcut can damage the tension discs on your serger… I’ve never ever had an issue as long as I set the tension discs to absolutely no. However, you don’t have to do it this means. I’m just sharing a fast technique for transforming the thread on a serger without all the hassle that’s usually involved.
Threading a serger gets quicker as well as less complicated the extra you need to do it, yet I still locate this threading faster way much faster than beginning with the beginning. You’re super fortunate if you have among those self-threading sergers Also poor they’re so costly.