This site is supported by our readers. We may earn a commission, at no cost to you, if you purchase through links.
Have you ever thought about becoming a sewing pattern designer?
Selling PDF patterns online can be a profitable business! Hundreds of people have learned how to digitize patterns and sell them online — just check out this Massive List of Indie Pattern Companies.
With some dedication and drive, you can start your own PDF pattern business, too!
Now, I know what you’re thinking…
You’d love to make PDF patterns to sell online, but you have no idea how to go about it. You know how to sew, and you’ve drafted your own patterns on paper, but you’re completely lost when it comes to digitizing them.
I have some good news for you!
You can learn how to draft, modify, grade, tile, and market your digital sewing patterns from one amazing online course: Pattern Workshop.
An Online Course for Digital Pattern Drafting
Pattern Workshop has become the go-to course for people who want to learn how to make PDF patterns to sell. Some of my favorite sewing pattern designers even got their start with this course.
Here are just a few:
This digital pattern drafting course is for aspiring pattern designers, fashion design students, and experienced seamstresses. You’ll learn how to tile, layer, and prepare PDF sewing patterns in Adobe Illustrator and make them look professional quality.
Here’s a more detailed list of everything included in the Pattern Workshop course:
- How to use Adobe Illustrator — All the basics and advanced techniques you need to create PDF sewing patterns.
- How to quickly create pattern blocks (slopers) right on your screen.
- How to add seam allowances to patterns with ease.
- How to tile, package, and prepare PDF patterns for printing.
- Tips on marketing and selling your PDF sewing patterns.
- Pattern tutorial templates and tiling templates — this one’s a BIG time saver!
- Standard measurement charts so you can create consistent sizing across your patterns.
- Printable checklists for creating, marketing, and testing your patterns.
- And more!
Pattern Workshop! I’ve never even used Adobe Illustrator before, but Lauren makes everything easy. I’m excited to start adding digital sewing patterns to SewingSociety.com.
Also Read: Can I Sell the Items I Make from the Sewing Patterns I Buy?