(1) Brother XM2701 – Brother is a leading name in sewing machines and this model combines everything you need in one low-cost machine. The XM2701 comes with 27 unique built-in stitches and is easy to use. The machine comes with six quick-change presser feet including buttonhole and sew on feet, narrow seam foot, zigzag stitch, zipper and blind stitch. The machine has a built-in needle threader and LED light so you can see the work area while sewing. It also comes with an instructional DVD. The Brother machine comes with a 25-year limited warranty and free technical support for as long as you own the product. All of this for less than $150.
(2) Janome 3128 – The Janome 3128 . It comes with the strength and versatility to complete a range of sewing projects without breaking the bank. The 3128 is the ideal machine for crafting and decorative projects with eight stretch stitches and a maximum zigzag width of 5 mm. The machine has a maximum stitch length of 4 mm and makes 650 spm. The warranty varies by seller and the price is approximately $150.
(3) Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW – The third machine on the cheap sewing machine list comes with 50 built-in stitches and all the bells and whistles call you need for your sewing projects. I designed the Project Runway machine with garment making in mind. The sewing machine has an LCD screen where you can adjust the stitch to suit the project. There are five buttonholes in one step that can for the buttons you are using. The machine also comes with six special feet. The automatic needle threader saves a lot of time. There is also a vertical spool pin that provides more consistent feeding. We can usually find this feature on much more expensive machines. The Brother Project Runway comes with a 25-year limited warranty and has a fair value of less than $120.
(4) Janome 2212 – This machine is an entry level machine and comes with 12 built-in stitches, easy to use four step buttonhole, zigzag stitch width and stitch length change. The machine also has a free arm and drop feed for more sewing flexibility. The machine is lightweight and easy to use. It is a superb choice to take to sewing lessons, for beginners or as a home sewing machine. The warranty depends on the seller. Retail price is approximately $189. Look for the Janome 2212 with the exclusive bundle at an even better price.
(5) Singer 7258 100-Stitch Computerized – Rarely do you have the combination of quality and versatility for such a cheap price! The Singer 7258 is a computerized sewing machine that comes with an instructional DVD to get you started. This machine has a heavy metal frame for more precise sewing and durability. It comes with a 25-year limited warranty and online support.
The 7258 has all the features you need to sew, quilt, and make decorative gifts and homewards. The 100 built-in stitches include nine essential stitches, eight stretch stitches, seventy-six decorative stitches and seven automatic buttonholes. The machine has an automatic needle threader and adjustable sewing speed. I include all these functions in an easy-to-use machine that costs less than $200.
What “ defines for low cost sewing machines ” differs from person to person. the next. The ones listed here are from top brands and have the versatile features and ease of use that make them a joy to use. These machines are available for less than $200 to meet every sewing need and budget.
Thank you for visiting our site. This site is supported by our readers and members. We may earn commissions, at no cost to you, if you purchase products from retailers after clicking a link or advert from our site. As an Amazon Associate, we may earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon. These commissions help keep this site going. Content may be curated. Please read our disclaimers policy for more information. We hope you enjoy our site!